Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

When Mockingbirds Sing by Billy Coffey



As I read the first half of this book, I realized I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. It was rather slow and cumbersome, but redeems itself in the end.
I find it sad that we (me included) would turn our minds away from a new idea rather than to believe it might be true. I thought for sure the Rainbow Man was an evil spirit or the devil, but slowly realized that my first snap judgement was wrong.
Sometimes it's hard to know who or what to trust, and sadly most people love to judge first, and then distrust last. Christians are some of the worst offenders, but we've been brought up to believe most things are evil and of the devil. This is fear based faith, and something I don't ascribe to anymore.
The best passage of the book shows Leah stating  that none of us can hear God. We pretend to, but to hear Him, we must be as little children in our hearts. Then we can hear His voice. We all think we know the best way, and make our decisions without Him.
Allie is (30 year old) nine year old who befriends Leah. She is smart and good, and everything needed for a best friend for someone going through great turmoil
I loved this book, and feel there is a message for everyone, believers or non-believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment